Sunday, May 22, 2011

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

            An ideology does not define the individual, but rather the individual defines his own ideology. Only he can determine what he holds as values. However, many things influence the way people shape the ideologies of their world, including countries and their systems of governance, family, religion, laws, and freedoms. I value liberal democracy, with rights and associated responsibilities being practiced. The main concept of a democracy is citizen participation; I place a high value on the involvement of citizens in society, as well as political actions. Principles of equality regarding rights and freedoms are a value of mine as well. Although liberal democracies call for limited government involvement, I believe this involvement is necessary in order to maintain these rights and freedoms. I strongly favour citizen involvement in the face of crises, whether in their own nation or another country in need. As a future Canadian citizen, I aim to contribute to Canadian society by participating in the democratic political processes, respecting laws, voicing my opinion and defending my personal ideology peacefully, and advocating others who do not have a voice. Globally, I hope to contribute to causes such as humanitarian ambitions and civil rights movements, as well as environmental movements. It is my goal to maintain participation nationally and globally, and to preserve the goals to democracy—of the people, by the people, for the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment